Monday, September 9

Lemon Curd Rice..

Lemon Curd Rice... Usually I cook curd rice for my H lunch box and keep little for me to for my lunch.. When I cooked this time, I did not keep it for me thinking that will cook something else later.. But I ended up cooking curd rice again, with a touch of lemon. It was just a experiment and I never thought this will taste very good. I had keep little lemon curd rice for my H too and after eating he said next time you make this curd rice only, it taste much like a lemon rice with curd... If you like adding more lemon and less curd go head and cook. I'm sure it will taste awesome..


Ingredient's
1cup cooked rice
1 1/2cup curd
1 onion, 2 green chilli (finely chopped)
1tbsp lemon juice
2tbsp chopped coriander leaves
Salt to taste.



For tempering
1/2tsp mustard seeds
2 red dry chilli
8 to 10 curry leaves
1/4tsp channa dal
1/4tsp urad dal
2tsp oil.


Cooking Method
In a large mixing bowl, add all the above ingredients (except tempering ingredients) and mix them nicely and set it aside.
In a tempering pan, add oil, when the oil is hot, add channa dal and urad dal, when they start turning golden, add mustard, red chilli and curry leaves, fry for 2 to 3sec. Then mix it with curd rice mixture nicely...
Serve with Pickle and Papad...


14 comments:

Meraj @ThesunshineGirl said...

Looks so yummy! And tasty too.. U can easily make this on a very lazy day n enjoy.. :)

www.thesunshinegirll.blogspot.co.uk

Beena said...

Healthy simple rice

Sona said...

nice twist to the curd rice, looks delicious.

Unknown said...

The rice looks delicious and so it the plater with pappad and pickle :)

cookingwithsapana said...

Lovely rice preparation..

Home Cooked food said...

perfect lunch dish.

great-secret-of-life said...

very tasty rice.. looks so comforting

Suhaina said...

THIS IS A SIMPLE COMFORT FOOD WHICH I LOVE TO HAVE.. NICE CLICKS

Kalyani said...

delicious and very simple ti prepare ...

Nithya said...

Love your innovative part.. simple easy rice..

divya said...

looks yummy.. tempting...

Priya Anandakumar said...

Lovely dear, my all time fav comforting dish...

Nilu A said...

Nice combo Rumana.. Though I'm not a big fan of lemon rice, I loved this clubbing with curd rice.. Divine :-)

Unknown said...

Feeling so delicious and yummy with beautiful clicks .Glad to follow you :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails