Wednesday, October 9

Egg & Potato Masala Moong Dal.. (Pressure Cooker Version)

Egg & Potato Masala Moong Dal.. From past few weeks I'm feeling like to cook only that food which I use to eat before my marriage.. After my marriage my eating habit and food has changed completely. I use to be hardcore non-vegetarian I change my self to be just non-vegetarian.. I changed my cooking and eating habit just because of my hubby, because he don't prefer to eat non-veg that much and I don't wanted to eat alone. So instead of eating every day I made it to twice a month or sometime once in a week... Me being south Indian I love north Indian food from the beginning , I think for that only god gave me a my Husband :) I have just started cooking some selective food slowly and he is also eating. I'm sure if I cook south Indian food at least once in a week it is good for him to try out new dishes.. It is not like he don't eat completely, he eats some foods which favourite of all (Dosa, Idli, Sambar, Rasam etc) now enough of my story. Let me come to the recipe..


This masala moong dal with potato and egg is my family curry, we use to eat this most of the time for breakfast with hot roti's but I prefer with rice. So I use to save my dal for the lunch and then eat with rice.. Do try this unique combination to serve a different dish to your family member..


Ingredient's.
4 hard boiled eggs
2 medium potato (cut into big chunks)
1 cup split moong dal
1 medium onion, 2 green chilli, 1 large tomato (finely chopped)
1/2tsp turmeric, 1/2tsp coriander powder
1tsp ginger garlic paste
Hand full of chopped coriander leaves
Salt to taste.

For Tempering.
1/4tsp mustard seeds
10 curry leaves
3tbsp oil.



Cooking Method.
In a pressure cooker, add oil when it hot, add mustard seeds and curry leaves, when they splutter, add chopped onion and green chilli and fry them to golden brown.
Then add turmeric, coriander powder, ginger garlic paste and tomato, fry till oil start separating.
Now add moong dal. potato, coriander leaves and salt, give them good mix and add 2 cups of water, boiled eggs, again mix them and close the lid and cook for 2 whistle and allow them pressure to go completely before opening the pressure cooker..
Serve hot with Roti or Rice..


5 comments:

Unknown said...

looks yum yum, never tried with moong dal

Rafeeda AR said...

this looks really so yum...

Nithya said...

A new combo.. Thanks for the recipe.. Healthy and yummy dish

Lifewithspices said...

wow tis looks fab..

Shruti J said...

Hello,
Yummy!!! A comfort food for sure... Have been to your space for the 1st time n now will be a regular visitor :) Enjoyed reading yummy recipes here...

Visit me @ 'Cooking with SJ' (www.cookingwithsj.com)

Happy to connect!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails