Sunday, March 17

One Of The Best Day Of My Life.. Meeting Winner Of Masterchef Australia Kate Bracks!!!!

Last Wednesday (13March 2013) I saw an advertisement on internet about Kate Bracks visit to India for her "The Sweet life" book launch in Marriott hotel, Whitefield Bangalore. I felt so happy and sad too; sad because I had no idea how to meet her and this hotel is very close to my hubby's office, that’s where I felt he can do something. Then I told my hubby, do whatever you have do to I don't know but I want to meet her and he said I will try. Then he checked with few people and they told the booking is already filled but if you want to meet her then you can come on coming Saturday where she is going to demonstrate her favourite recipe to public and the entry is free and there will be a lot of crowd. 
Then my H called me and said that and I felt it will be impossible to meet her in person in such a huge crowd, forget it will go to Australia to meet her only. I was feeling very sad; I didn’t talk to anybody whole day.


Next day morning as usual he was reading news paper and he again saw the ad. Then slowly he came to me and said, honey I think we can go and see what exactly she will do and then think of something ok... Whenever he says like that somehow he always does it for me and I also said yes. Then in the evening he checked with hotel people and they said you can just walk in. You can say I was very happy, but somewhere in my heart I was not that much satisfied.

Next day morning I woke up early and was doing nothing and just thinking that how can I meet her? I was planning what should I wear, if I wear my best cloths and if she doesn’t meet me then?? No no, I will save my best cloths to wear on when i will meet her in personal and the I decided to go ahead with just normal cloths. Then we left from home early at 1 o'clock so that at least we can get first row seats. We reached hotel... The hotel was awesome and very peaceful, we sat for few minutes and then we filled up registration forms and I was waiting when they will send inside the grand ball room.


In the mean while we were checking out the hotel around and clicking the picture. Then we met one staff in the hotel who was looking after this event arrangement. I told Sushil just check with him, is it possible to meet her in personal. Sushil went and ask and he said I’m not sure about today but you can come and meet her in personal tomorrow where she is hosting a Sunday's Brunch and the charges is 2500+taxes, you can register after this event.

After hearing that i was so so happy. No problem if I can’t see her properly today, tomorrow I will come and sit in front of her... Keeping that in my mind I went inside the ball room where they had arrangement for this event. Now see what god has given me. By luck We got the second row seat, and the host told everybody there are lot prizes to be won and you can ask questions to Kate too, but everybody will not get a chance. Only those of few will get a chance to ask question who has post-its under their chair. Then everybody started searching... With my fast heart beat I looked under my chair but It was not there. Disappointing moment!!! But you know what, there was one post-it under my husband’s chair. I screamed O My God I got it. I was literally flying in the air. Thank You god.

After all this melodrama, Beautiful, Simple and very Energetic Kate Bracks arrives. I was just looking at her only, with my wide mouth open. Then she started talking how much she is loving India and the people. She had gone for shopping to Commercial Street, some local market and she ate Butter Chicken and tandoori rotis and she kept saying that how she can take tandoor on her flight back home. She liked one more thing the most is Pappdi chat, where she call it as Indian Nachos. After that she started her baking class, she baked her few Favourite recipes. "Chocolate Hazelnuts and Raspberry Muffins", "Chocolate Coffee Cake" and "Chocolate Terrine with Spiced Praline"
In between her baking, she was answering the questions also, few kids asked “what is her favourite food”, “favourite dish”, “what she like about Masterchef”, “what inspired her to take a part in Masterchef” etc etc..

"Then my turns comes, I asked her,

Me: What has changed in you from before Masterchef and after winning Masterchef?

Kate: Nothing as much changed in me, still I cook, make tiffens, clean home and take care of my 3 little kids. Yeah one thing has changed, I have become more confident.


The show went on and we dint realize how fast the time was passing, and at 6:30 she winded up and we all left for home. It became 7:30pm to reach home. It was worth watching and listening to her. She is the best chef I have ever met, very humble and down to earth. I was very much inspired watching on her Masterchef Australia show and because of her only I went to give the Masterchef India 3 auditions,

This was more than enough for me, god gave me this chance to meet and talk to my inspiration and stand next to her and take picture, what better I would have asked from god today.. I really need to thanks Love of My Life, he makes a everything possible for me and he is the lucky charm for me.. Thank you god and Sushil for making my dream come true... I will definitely visit Australia to meet her and spend a more time with her and I know this will happen....


13 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats dear...

Rumana Rawat said...

@Arthy Suman
Thank you..

SohNi said...

wow! Live your dream gal!

Priya Suresh said...

Thats a wonderful meet na, lucky gal.

Raksha said...

Awesome experience to meet a celebrity like this

Sona - quick picks/pick quicks said...

a dream come true, is it not, Rumana !

Rumana Rawat said...

@SohNi
Thank you..

Rumana Rawat said...

@Priya Suresh
Thank you very much Priya...

Rumana Rawat said...

@Raksha
Thank you raksha..

Rumana Rawat said...

@Sona - Quick Picks
Very much Sona..

Rashida Shaikh said...

Hello,

It's good to hear you have enjoyed your day, nice to meet a blogger behind 'Spice your senses'.

Have a nice week ahead!

Rumana Rawat said...

@Shweta
Thank you very much..

Rumana Rawat said...

@Rashida Shaikh
Thank you very much.. I'm happy to meet you too... And you have lovely space with very yummy recipes:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails