Sunday, April 11

Palak Dal (Spinach Leafs)

Spinach is thought to be native to Southwest Asia and unknown to the Greeks and Romans. First cultivated by the Persians, it is now cultivated throughout the world, with the exception of the tropics. Although grown in China for centuries. Spinach leafs known for high Calcium, Magnesium, Potassium and its Vitamin Content. Definitely a good choice to add to your menu. and it is very good for health... and it is again a easy to cook dish..



Ingredient's
2 bunch of palak 
1cup toor dal 
1 small onion 
2 tomato 
2 green chilly 
1tbs turmeric 
Salt.

For tempering
1/2tbs cumin/jeera 
1/2tbs mustard seeds.

Cooking Method
Cut the onion,chilly,tomato in to small picese 
Take a pressure cooker and add chopped palak,dal,cut vegetable,turmeric,salt and 2cup of water and boil it for 20minutes in a medium flam 
In a small frying pan add 2tbs oil and add cinnamon and mustard seeds saute till it become's brown 
After the dal is boiled, add the tempering in to dal and cover the lid and cook it for 5minutes.

14 comments:

Suji said...

Hi Rumana..Spinach Dal looks yummy yumm..We make it quite often....Nice click too...

Love
Kairali sisters

Suhaina said...

Very healthy and tasty, I love this curry very much with rice.
Nice click too.

SathyaSridhar said...

woow,,dear spinach dal is my faaav with hot rice n appalam..ur's looks great n perfect,,makes me hungry dear..

Priya Suresh said...

I can say that this dal is one of my favourite comforting food, looks awesome..

Cool Lassi(e) said...

Very comforting bowl of Spinach Dhal!

Jayanthy Kumaran said...

Hy Rumana,

one more healthy n nutritious recipe from you..Thanks for sharing dear.

Gita Jaishankar said...

Dhal looks very good dear...nice color..I too love adding palak in dhal :)

Unknown said...

Healthy and delicious dal!!

Biren said...

I love spinach and this sounds like a healthy dish.

Hayley said...

I love this daal..anytime you can give it to me..delicious!!

Rumana Rawat said...

Thanks alot..:-)

PranisKitchen said...

first time here u have anice blog..good collection of recipes..following u
Spinach dal curry looks so delicious.I often prpare this but the recipe is little different..
nice pic too
If u get a chance do visit our blog http://pranithworld.blogspot.com/

Pavithra Srihari said...

Wow this is one of my favourites in dhal . I am just drooling over it. Beautiful clicks as well.

Rumana I have an award waiting for u in my blog please do collect it da.

Panchpakwan said...

I too make this often..its simple and comforting..

Looks great..

Related Posts with Thumbnails