Tuesday, October 21

Namak paare/Dimond Cut. Happy Diwali.

Happy Diwali to all my blog readers and my friends. This year I would not be celebrating diwali and that is the main reason I have not prepared anything much. Actually I had no plan to cook anything at all, But the moment I open my FB page I see lots of different types of sweets and savoury dishes pictures and that tempted me to at least cook something savoury items and store them for later.. I know this will be very much in use once the cold weather starts and the good thing with this snacks is you can store them for more then 2 to 3 months. This namak paare goes very well with ginger tea. Have a great fun friends and enjoy your Diwali with your family and friends.


Ingredient's.
1/2kg maida ( all purpose flour)
1/2tsp ajwain (Caron seeds)
1/4tsp kalonji (samal fennel)
Salt to taste
Oil for deep frying.



Cooking Method.
Make a firm dough with the maida, salt, ajwain and kalonji, by adding water and set it aside for atleast 30 minutes.
In mean time keep oil for heating in a deep frying pan on a medium flame.
Take a lemon size ball from a dough and roll into a disc neither to thick nor to thin.
With a sharp knife make a criss cross cuts on disc.
Fry them to golden brown and take out the namak paare onto a papper towel to remove the excess oil.
Once they are cool completely. Store them in a airtight container.
Serve with Tea.



5 comments:

Lifewithspices said...

crispy ones.. shd be yumm with chai..

Deepavijicooks said...

Very tempting ... Looks crispy

Ruxana Gafoor said...

crispy ones

Sona said...

I love these crunchy snack.. perfect for tea time..

Unknown said...

One of my favorite I should say! looks so crisp

Related Posts with Thumbnails