Sunday, June 1

Hyderabadi Bagara Baingan / Baby Eggplant In Coconut Creamy Gravy.

Hyderabadi Bagara Baingan.. This rich and cream baby eggplant gravy cooked with peanuts, cashew and coconut masala paste, which goes very well with rice, naan, roti and you can make a dry version and serve as a side dish too and this gravy is must in my family when we cook briyani.. This is one gravy which I can eat many times and I won't feel bad. In my childhoods days I use to be not a big fan of eggplants but now it's opposite. My hubby likes the dry version and I like the gravy, so when ever I cook this I have to convince my H to eat the gravy but he only eat's eggplants not a gravy and that's also fine with me because I get to eat the gravy for next day's lunch.


Ingredient's.
6 purple baby eggplants (baingan)
2tbsp cashew, 2tbsp peanuts
2tbsp grated coconut
1 onion (chopped fine)
2 green chilis (whole)
2tsp ginger garlic paste
1/2tsp turmeric, 1tbsp coriander powder, 1tbsp red chilli powder
1 tsp jeera/cumin seeds
2tbsp tamarind paste
Oil and Salt to taste
Freshly chopped coriander leaves for garnish.



Cooking Method.
Dry roast the peanuts and cashew until golden brown. Set aside to cool. Then grind together with the coconut and little water to form a smooth paste.
Slit the eggplants and fry in a 1tsp oil until soft but still holds shape. Drain and set aside. In the same kadai add more oil, add cumin, when they turns brown, add onions and ginger garlic paste fry until golden. Then add the ground paste and fry for a minute.


Then add turmeric powder, chilli powder, coriander powder and salt. Mix well and fry for another minute.
Add the tamarind and 1 cup of water, mix, then add the brinjals and cook for 5-10 mins on a medium heat. Garnish with fresh coriander leaves.
Serve hot with Rice, Roti or Naan.


7 comments:

Rafeeda AR said...

that does look so rich and creamy... yum...

AparnaRajeshkumar said...

Very nice click and nice gravy, will link u if i prepare and post !

Gloria Fernandes said...

Rich and creamy gravy... Looks very delicious...

Unknown said...

Looks mouth watering.. nice colour..rich gravy..

Unknown said...

Looks delicious and my favorite :)

nandoos kitchen said...

looks creamy and rich. absolutely delicious

Sona said...

Delicious and inviting curry..

Related Posts with Thumbnails