Friday, September 13

Kasuri Meethi Chicken Curry..(Dired Fenugreek Leaves Chicken Curry. Pressure Cooker Version)

Kasuri Meethi Chicken Curry!!! I have taken this picture almost a year back and never post it.. When ever I plan to post this but some how I use to end up posting some other recipe. As I'm fully prepared to clear all my draft, so this was the first recipe to come up on my blog.. 
Kasuri Meethi has lots of medicinal value and I'm not very good at explaining but I know it is very good for health and I always make a point to add few leaves in my veg or non-veg dishes.. I really love the taste of kasuri meethi. This chicken curry is often asked to cook in my family and I'm sure once you people get the taste of it you can't stop yourself cooking this atleast twice a month..


Ingredient's.
1/2kg chicken (cut into medium size pieces)
2 medium onion, 1 large tomato (finely chopped)
2tsp ginger garlic paste
1tsp red chili powder, 1/2tsp turmeric, 1tsp coriander powder
2tsp chicken masala
2tsp kasuri Meethi (dried fenugreek leaves)
1/2tsp cumin seeds
2 bay leaves
3tbsp Oil
Salt to taste.


Ingredient's To Grind.
3 green chilli
1 black cardamom, 2 cloves, 1 cinnamon stick
1 green cardamom, 1 star anise
Handful of chopped coriander leaves.


Cooking Method.
In a mixer jar, add all the grinding ingredients and make a smooth paste by adding little water and set it aside.
In a pressure cooker, add oil, when oil is hot, add cumin and bay leaves, when they crackle. Add onion and fry to golden brown. Add the grounded paste along with red chili powder, turmeric, coriander powder, chicken masala and ginger garlic paste. and fry till the raw smell goes.. Add the tomato and fry till the oil start separating.(keep smashing the tomato in between)
Then add chicken, kasuri meethi, salt and 1 to 2cup of water and close the pressure cooker and cook for 2 whistle on a medium low heat.. Allow the pressure to escape before opening the cooker.
Garnish with some more fresh coriander leaves.
Serve hot with Rice or Roti..


13 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, so lovely....

Unknown said...

I love the flavor of kasuri methi. Kasuri methi chicken looks superb. Beautiful click. It makes me hungry..

Archita said...

Lovely recipe and blog!

Prema said...

wow flavorful curry,luks yum!!!

Unknown said...

So lovely and flavorful.......

Ivysew said...

This curry looks so yummy and tempting. Btw, I like your mixer jar, hahaha..

divyagcp said...

Delicious and flavorful chicken curry.. Looks tempting!

Vimitha Durai said...

love the flavor of kasuri methi. will try soon

Priya Suresh said...

Wat an aromatic dish, love the flavour of dry methi leaves, delicious dish.

Unknown said...

I don't eat chicken but pot looks lovely..nice clicks as usual

Unknown said...

oooh i just love this combo of murg and methi.. perfect to go with naan

Hasna said...

methi has always been my fav. nd my first post on blog is also creamy methi chicken.. pic luks awesome
Ongoing Event-Back 2 School

Chitra said...

Lovely clicks ! cute jar !

Related Posts with Thumbnails