Sunday, April 4

Chilli Egg

I got the idea of preparing chille egg from Sarah Naveen's blog.. I like her recipe so much, i thought why not give it try. I use my own ingredients to make it different and it was tasting very good.
Thanks to SN for such a lovely recipe....


Ingredient's
4 eggs hard boiled 
1 capsicum cut in to samll pieces 
1 tbsp red chilli paste 
1 tbsp green chilli paste 
1" ginger finely chopped 
2 cloves garlic finely chopped 
1 medium onion finely chopped 
A pinch of ajinomoto (mono sodium glutamate) 
1tbsp soya sauce (optional) 
1tbsp tomato sauce
Oil for frying 
Salt to taste 
Spring onion for Garnishing.

Cooking Method
Peel the hard boiled eggs and deep fry in oil till the cover is crisp & brown. 
Cut them into small piecse & keep aside. Heat a little oil in a pan. 
Fry the chopped ginger & garlic pieces. Add chopped onions & fry well. 
Add the capsicum and saute for 40sec 
Then add the red chilli paste & green chilli paste, and ajinomoto, fry for 1 minute. Add soya sauce, tomato sauce, salt and let it boil for a while. 
Now add the eggs and mix well till they are coated with the sauce completely. 
Tastes good with Chinese Fried Rice or even with Roti/ Paratha. 
Non egg eaters can use Potatoes instead of Eggs.

15 comments:

Priya said...

delicious recipe.. thanks for visiting :)

Unknown said...

I too loved sarah's recipe..It looks really yummy!! Great pic too..I will also give it a try soon :)

Pavithra Srihari said...

Yeah Of late been seeing this egg chilli in lots of blogs and yours is truly urging me to try it out ..

You have got a wonderful recipes and yes I am finding it interesting too ..I am glad to follow you

Priya Suresh said...

Chilli egg tempts me a lot...absolutely delicious..

Tina said...

Looks delicious...

Rick said...

Usually, I'm terrified about cooking eggs. But this looks so good I'm putting my fears behind me.

Biren said...

What a lovely dish....nice and colorful!

Namitha said...

nice and colorful..love eggs in any form :-)

Swathi said...

Rumana,

Chili egg looks really good.

Unknown said...

Hey Rumana,
There are some awards waiting for you at our space. Please stop by to collect them.

Unknown said...

Rumana,
We too had the same confusion when we received our first award. You just copy and paste these awards in your post..That is how you collect them :)

Rumana Rawat said...

Thank u so much... for selecting me in u r list....:-)

Sarah Naveen said...

Hey great to hear u njoyed it :)

Yasmeen said...

Spicy Egg chilli,love it :D

Anonymous said...

I wanna try this yummy recipe,just wanna make sure its TOMATO KETCHUP OR TOMATO SAUCE????????THANKS

Related Posts with Thumbnails