Wednesday, October 19

CornFlakes Mixture.

CornFlakes Mixture. Dilwali is around the corner and in every house the Diwali preparation is on full swing. I can see on my FB page only different types snacks, sweets and this will go for another few days till the Diwali is over.. This is a so easy recipe and in no time you'll have hot hot snack ready. I'm a very big snacks eating person and I love munching something in my free time. I keep trying many types of snacks and I make sure that I have lots and lots of snacks in my pantry.. This is one of my all time favourite mixture and it solves all the purpose of not having anything as a side dish for your lunch, dinner or even for the drinks too.. Do try and let me know.



Ingredient's.
2 cups of Raw Corn Flakes
1/2 cup Peanuts
1/4 cup Roasted gram
Handful of Curry leaves
1/2 tsp red chilli powder, 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp coriander powder, 1/2 tsp garam masla
1/4 tsp roasted cumin powder
1 tbsp powdered sugar (optional)
Salt to taste
Oil for deep frying.



Cooking Method.
In a small mixing bowl, add red chilli powder, turmeric, garam masal, cumin powder, coriander powder, sugar and salt, mix them altogether and keep it aside.
In a deep frying pan (Kadai) heat enough oil for deep frying, once the oil hot, fry the peanuts and roasted gram till the turn crispy. Take them out on to a kitchen towel and set it aside.
Now in the same oil, add the raw corn flakes and fry to golden brown, (fry little by little) remove them to the same plate which you have fried peanuts and roasted gram, once all the corn flakes are fried, then turn off the flame and fry the curry leaves till they turn crisp.
Then in large mixing bowl, add all the fried ingredients and sprinkle the masala powder which you have prepared earlier, while the other ingredients are still hot. Mix everything together well, allow the mixture to cool, once its completely cooled. Store them into a Airtight container.
Serve as and when needed.


6 comments:

Shobha said...

I love it.. I used to make it a lot when I was living in Nigeria.. those days nothing was available and that was the learning platform as we had to make everything at home.

Anonymous said...

Loved it. Thanks for sharing.
http://tipsoye.com/

Nammi said...

very creative!!! I have to say!, but I would love to try this, who knew , turn corn flakes into something savory and delicious like this!! yumm

Rumana Rawat said...

@Shobha I understand that.. even I use to make everything at home when I use to live in UK.

Rumana Rawat said...

@Vidya Gawas Thank you.

Rumana Rawat said...

@Nammi Thanks a lot.. yeah when I started cooking even I was shocked to know this mixture was made using cornflakes.. you need to take raw cornflakes..

Related Posts with Thumbnails