Tuesday, December 17

Kesar Shrikhand. (Low Calorie Yogurt Dessert)

Kesar Shrikhand is healthy Indian dessert made from strained curd. This is a low calorie, rich and creamy yogurt. Shrikhand is generally flavoured with saffron, cardamom and dry fruits even it is served with fresh fruits or as a standalone dessert... I was not knowing what is shrikhand and how it taste, I had heard about it but never tasted before I meet my H, I still remember that day when he had got a pack of Haldiram's shrikhand and I told him that why did you get such a expensive curd, you should have just bought a pack of curd which will not cost more then 10rs. He look at me and said you don't know what is this? and I told him yes ofcourse I know this some weird color curd. He started laughing and said this is shrikhand my dear and I can't belive you have still not tasted this and my reaction was ohhh this is shrikhand from then I know what is shrikhand and how it taste like..


I made this dessert last week and it tasted better then the store bought and I did not get the perfect color of saffron while I was taking pictures and I did take the pictures soon just because I knew that it will be over and I was not sure when I will make this dessert again.. After 2 hours I had got the perfect saffron color and it was looking beautiful... Do try this wonderful low fat dessert and serve as you like...



Ingredient's.
2 cups yogurt
1/2 cup powdered sugar (add more if you like)
10 to 15 saffron strands
3tbsp finely chopped dry fruits (pistachio, almond, raisin and cashew)
2tsp milk
Pinch of cardamom powder.


Method.
Spread clean muslin cloth on a big plate. Place yogurt in the center. Wrap and tightly tie muslin cloth.
Hang yogurt for 2 to 3 hours or until all water is drained off from yogurt. It should become very thick.
After that untie muslin cloth and transfer thick strained yogurt to bowl.


Add sugar and cardamom powder and mix well until smooth.
Dissolve saffron in milk and add it to the yogurt mixture and mix well. Then refrigerate for at least 1 to 2 hour before serving.
Garnish it with dry fruits nuts and serve chilled.


14 comments:

Unknown said...

Yummy andd this is my fav dear

nandoos kitchen said...

Pls pass that glass to me. very yumm....

Unknown said...

Beautiful shrikand my all time favourite :) I came to know about this only after blogging :) sure a yum dessert

Rafeeda AR said...

i love shrikand anytime... looks so good dear... would love to have it right now, and just like u say, much better than store bought ones...

cookingwithsapana said...

Lovely shrikhand , looks delish !

Shama Nagarajan said...

drooling dear

great-secret-of-life said...

can u pass me one cup.. I use Greek yogurt.. that speeds up the process

Unknown said...

very very delicious and yummy shrikand there :) makes me drool dear :)

Hamaree Rasoi said...

Delicious and lovely looking shrikhand. Excellent preparation.
Deepa

Vimitha Durai said...

Shrikhand looks so inviting dear... Would love to grab that glass

divyagcp said...

Yummy dessert.. Looks so inviting.. :)

Nithya said...

Delicious and inviting Shrikhand..

Unknown said...

yeh its a quite intresting and healthy too...coz its made of curd and i think is very best for health...... u can find more intresting thing at here.. http://goo.gl/EgjUbA

Unknown said...

Very Neat and tempting Shrikhand

Related Posts with Thumbnails