Monday, April 8

Karupatti Appam (Palm Sugar Appam) SNG Event For The Month Of April.

I don't think so i have to say anything about this SNG event running by Divya Pramil of You too can cook Indian Food , because this event is very famous now. If any body want to join the group please click the link here.
 
Karuppatti Appam. I have tasted this appam only once in Chennai and it was very delicious. After coming back from Chennai i totally forgot about it. When i saw in my email Karupatti Appam is a challenge for the month of April. All my old memory came back and i was very happy to cook this appam and serve it to my hubby, because he would be eating this appam for the first time and he loved it.... I should thanks to Shama from the Easy2Cook Recipe for giving this wonderful challenge and delicious recipe to learn..
Actually i was not having appam pan because of that only i made this appam in dosa pan. I will make sure to cook this again with appam pan and change this picture. I served this appam with Tamrind and jaggery chutney...
 
 
 
Ingredint's 
1 cup Boiled rice
1cup Raw rice
1 handful Urat dal
250gms Karuppatti (Palm Jaggery) 
 
 
 
Cooking Method 
Make thick palm jaggery syrup .
Filter it and remove the impurities with a strainer once cooled.
Soak rice and dal for only 2 hours and grind it to a very smooth batter. No fermentation needed.
Finally , mix palm jaggery syrup with the batter without any lumps.
Heat aappam tawa or any non-stick pan . Pour a small ladle of batter in the centre and then hold its handle with both the hands and rotate the kadai , hence the ladle will spread like a dosa.
Spread a spoon of oil over it.
Cover with a lid . Cook in slow flame till done .
The centre part will be of and edges crispy . Just roll over and serve ho.
 

41 comments:

Akila said...

Lovely aappam

Unknown said...

Appam looks crunchy and perfect. Great job.


Cuisine Delights
"My Monthly Event - Spotlight: Show Your Best Creation "

Rumana Rawat said...

@Akila
Thanks dear...

Rumana Rawat said...

@Chandrani Banerjee
Thanks dear...

Vidya Chandrahas said...

Love the appam..very delicious.

Shanavi said...

It has come out super duper Rumana..osm job..

Sona - quick picks/pick quicks said...

gud one Rumana. i do a similar one..but with leftover dosa batter, but thick consistency batter. so get it steamed. this luks divine!

Rafeeda AR said...

looks really well made... crispy...

Rumana Rawat said...

@Vidya Chandrahas
Thanks Vidya..

Rumana Rawat said...

@Shanavi
Thanks shanavi..

Rumana Rawat said...

@Sona - Quick Picks
I'm sure the steam one also will taste delicious...

Rumana Rawat said...

@Rafeeda AR
Thanks Rafeeda.

Suja Manoj said...

Awesome job,looks good..yum

meenab said...

Awesome rumana

this looks very good this way also

Join my giveaway &event
Event& give away

Home Mantra said...

Looks great! well done :)

Nupur said...

Ohh that was turned out so well. I tried that yesterday and mine was a bit lumpy..

Will make the batter again and try..great job !

Divya A said...

Well done Rumana..Looks so crispy and good..Nice clicks too..I have never tried tasting with Tamarind Jaggery chutney..Interesting :)

Nava K said...

Stunning, made to perfection and I can imagine the taste when pinched and nibbled on. Yum all the way.

Unknown said...

Wow. Yummy looking pictures. Made with perfection

Nithya said...

Dosa looks crisp and perfect.. Nice clicks.. Dosa looks so tempting.. I wish i could taste it..

Sanoli Ghosh said...

Karupatti appam looks fabulous Rumana. Perfectly crunchy and delicious.

Julie said...

looks crispy n delicious!!

Priya Suresh said...

Oh gal,you rock appam turned out extremely prefect dear..Lovely and wonderfully done.

Swathi said...

Delicious karupettai appam.

Santosh Bangar said...

looking awsome

Prema said...

wow healthy Appam,reminds me my moms Appam now:)

Shama Nagarajan said...

perfectly done...lovely ...happy to know , u enjoyed it.

saraniskitchen said...

perfectly made one dear... i think u loved it...

Sweet'n'Savoury said...

Looks super perfect!!

meena said...

Perfectly crunchy and delicious.

Indrani said...

Hey can I order some break fast! Just back from Kolkata trip and lazy to cook and now i get to see this. :)

Nargis Aara said...

Wonderful :)post im ur new follower nw i have a similar food blog too :) Do check it when free
http://sweets-n-spices.blogspot.in/

Im a new blogger in search of new blogger friends :) Do follow me back or add me to your circle will be glad to have a new frnd out there

Sona said...

perfectly done, nice clicks.. looks delicious...

Unknown said...

What a crispy and well made dosa.

Unknown said...

super yummy!!

Janani said...

wow lovely u have made it nice and crispy its very diff to make but u made it beautifully.

Rumana Rawat said...

@Janani
Yeah dear it was very difficult for me to make this but still I tried my best to do it...

Rumana Rawat said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rumana Rawat said...

@Janani
Yeah dear it was very difficult for me to make this but still I tried my best to do it...

Rumana Rawat said...

@Janani
Yeah dear it was very difficult for me to make this but still I tried my best to do it...

Rumana Rawat said...

@Janani
Yeah dear it was very difficult for me to make this but still I tried my best to do it...

Related Posts with Thumbnails