Monday, February 15

Chicken Briyani

This valentine's day i wanted to cook some special dish, So i decided to prepare chicken briyani and as like my all dishes it was also very tasty. This was the gift i gave to my hubby on valentine's day. As he enjoy's eating all my dishes what i cook, that gives me lot of happiness, satisfaction and also motivates me to try new ways of cooking. Well, cooking is not so difficult. Initial days i was not knowing to cook anything but now i can prepare so many new different dishes. Some time i don't believe that i can cook so well. BTW Chicken is my all time favorite. So read below few simple steps to cook chicken briyani and enjoy cooking....


Ingredients
1/2 kg Basmati rice
Chicken 1/2 kg
2 big size onion(chopped)
4 tomato(chopped)
3 green chilly(chopped)
Pudina and dhaniya as per ur requirnment(chopped)
Ginger, garlic paste 2tbs
2tbs red chilly powder, 1tbs turmeric powder
1tbs dhaniya powder, 1tbs garam masala
1cup curd, 2tbs lemon juice
Tezpatta 3 to 4 or Curry leafs
2 small elaichi (Cordamom)
Oil as per ur requirment
Salt as per taste

Cooking method
Heat up the frying pan add oil, elaichi, tejpatta, leave till it become's brown
Add onion, ginger garlic paste fry for 2mints, then add chicken, turmeric, and salt, fry it till the chicken starts leaving oil. Add the all masala's stir it for 50sec. Add tomato, curd, lemon, green chilly, pudina and coriander leafs cook it till the raw smell goes..in a medium flame (NOTE DONT ADD ANY WATER IN THE CHICKEN). Half boil the rice in a seprate pan. add water in to rice as per it required's. Then in a big pan add the chicken and the rice mix it up slowly.. Cover the lid and cook till the rice is completely cooked in a medium flame. Serve it hot with (Raita)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Everything looks delicious. I just had chicken briyani the other day. I hope to find the ingredients in Bulgaria to try some of your yummy dishes, although I will have to tone down the spice!

www.dhaleb.com said...

Your posts are all so mouthwatering! I love Indian food but still have not gathered up the courage to make any of it myself.

Good to know that when I'm finally ready to conquer this cuisine, I'll have you to look up to :)

Rumana said...

Thanks!!!

Hope u'll try soon my recipe's

Unknown said...

I tried the chicken biriyani following exactly your steps. It came out very good. Thanks for the Post !!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails